So, you're thinking about using help desk software. You've researched, but you’re probably wondering if this software is worth the investment. Or maybe you’re still not sure what is the right help desk software for your company.
Before taking any decision, check our top 8 advantages of using helpdesk in office 365:
1. Benefit from the unified licenseWhen you have an Office 365 license you’ll get a unified license for all Office products including Office Applications, OneDrive Storage, Skype and add-ins in Microsoft AppSource. In other words, Office 365 license covers all required services. The result? Reducing licenses costs which can be a real headache for a business owner.
2. Benefit from other productsOffice 365 includes many products you can benefit from. This includes SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, Access, OneDrive cloud storage for each user, and Skype.
3. Cloud basedThe biggest advantage of having your helpdesk ticket management system on the cloud is data security and backup options it provides. Your data is perpetually backed up, and can be retrieved any time you want, also you’ll always be available. You’ll be up and running, no matter what happens.
*See other benefits of using cloud that described in Should I move to Office 365 blog .
4. Subscription basedThis one is pretty cool for small businesses. Forget about upfront costs! Office 365 has a flexible monthly billing process that lets you add or decrease the number of users to suit your needs. You’re not locked into a contract and you can change plans at any time to suit your growing business needs. This kind of scalable solution might be exactly what a business looking for to get started in the cloud. Since you don’t have to worry about upfront costs, it will be easier to fit this solution into your monthly budget.
5. Easy to configure and easy to use.Configuring the Help desk in Office 365 is straightforward, all you have to do is to gather all the classifications of the issues that end users might face, add default texts for each type and assign the teams that are responsible for fixing the tickets.
End user can also find their own solutions with some types of tickets. They can access a knowledge base and search for solutions to common problems.
6. Easy to deploy.From Microsoft AppSource you can get a free trial to try the add-in before buying it. You can also find videos, and a preview images to be familiar with the add-in before taking any next step.
Not to mention that buying an add-in from Microsoft AppSource relieves the burden of communicating with vendors.